HawgHead Baits Fishing Reports-Tactics-News-Etc.

Fishing Reports focusing in Pennsylvania such as Lake Pinchot and the Susquehanna River. New and old fishing tactics will be discussed. News about our tackle store, including new products stocked.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Susky Fishing Trip

My buddy Ron came up this morning from West Virginia and we floated the Susky in my ODC1624. The wind was nothing short of brutal today and every muscle in my body is hurting tonight! My drag chain was worthless and I have 3, 2 foot sections of heavy chain. It just wasn't enough to slow us down.

We got out on some grass islands so I could take a break from rowing and fish a little. Ron caught the most smallies today. Somewhere around 20 smallies or more. He was using a green pumpkin/junebug tail 3 1/2 inch Right Bite tube. He caught all of his fish on that tube.

I got 5 or 6 smallies due to not being able to get off the oars much. Most of mine came on a 1/4 oz gray shad spinnerbait. I did get lunker of the day towards the end of the float on a Megabass Vision 110 jerkbait in color TNG that a good friend gave me for my birthday (THANKS HAROLD!). The smallie hit the lure so hard my wrist hurt! Man what a friggin strike. That fish was around 17 inches.

Ron had one just a little smaller than that for his big fish. I'm glad we only did a 2 1/2 mile float today as a longer float would have been killer with the wind. We took our time as much as possible and did the float in about 5 hours.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home