HawgHead Baits Fishing Reports-Tactics-News-Etc.

Fishing Reports focusing in Pennsylvania such as Lake Pinchot and the Susquehanna River. New and old fishing tactics will be discussed. News about our tackle store, including new products stocked.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Oct 2nd Susky Smallie Trip

Got together with my brother Petey on Monday and we fished near Sunbury from 8:30 am to about 2 pm. Weather started off chilly and extremely foggy. Cleared off about 9:30 am and was a beautiful, sunny fall day.

We started off targeting mid-river islands. Fish seemed pretty active there while the fog was still thick. Petey and I both landed smallies on spinnerbaits and I got a 14 inch walleye on a Vision 110 jerkbait. Petey used a 3/8 oz HawgHead spinnerbait in color Baby Bass. I used a 1/4 oz HawgHead spinnerbait in color Gray Shad.

Water temps along the islands first thing in the am was in the upper 50's. Once the sun came up, we found the larger, more active fish in 4 to 8 feet of clear water. Water temps there were in the low 60's. Jerkbaits ruled the clearer water with Petey getting a lesson of just how good a Vision 110 jerkbait can be! I ended up with 16 fish including 2 walleye (one 17 incher came home with me for dinner) and 14 smallies. My biggest smallie was 16 1/2 inches but so fat and sassy! I used a 1/4 oz gray shad spinnerbait early in the day and a Megabass Vision 110 jerkbait in color TNG the rest of the day.

Petey ended up with 11 smallies including lunker at 17 inches - super tall and fat and thick. Petey kept trying all different colors of LC Pointers while I kept getting fish on my Vision 110. He tried his Vision 110 but it wasn't the right color HA HA!! He got his 17 incher on a Japan color of a LC Pointer. Lots of laughing and ball busting today on the water between us. Especially when I had him at 6 to 0 early in the day.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home