HawgHead Baits Fishing Reports-Tactics-News-Etc.

Fishing Reports focusing in Pennsylvania such as Lake Pinchot and the Susquehanna River. New and old fishing tactics will be discussed. News about our tackle store, including new products stocked.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Susky Smallie Report

I spent the last two days fishing the Susky for smallmouths.

Sunday I fished with Gerald in his Snyder jet boat above Harrisburg. The day started off very foggy but cleared to a beautiful day around 10 am. We landed 32 bass and a couple walleye. I had 18 smallies. I used a 1/4 oz Gray Shad spinnerbait for most of my fish. I also got a couple on a Megabass SR-X Griffon crankbait in color Pro Blue and a Megabass Vision 110 jerkbait in color TNG. Gerald landed 14 smallies, all on a 4 bladed spinnerbait. Biggest bass was just under 17 inches.

Monday I floated the river just above Harrisburg with my buddy Harold. It was a pretty slow fishing day. We landed 16 smallies and 3 walleye. Harold caught all of his fish on a Megabass SR-X Griffon crankbait in color Pro Blue. I got some of mine on a 1/4 oz Gray Shad spinnerbait and the rest on a Megabass Vision 110 jerkbait in color TNG. Our biggest bass was just under 17 inches again like Sunday.

What a beautiful two days to be on the river!

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home