HawgHead Baits Fishing Reports-Tactics-News-Etc.

Fishing Reports focusing in Pennsylvania such as Lake Pinchot and the Susquehanna River. New and old fishing tactics will be discussed. News about our tackle store, including new products stocked.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fishing/Hunting Report

Anglers fishing at Marburg are catching a lot of small crappie, under 6 inches, at the boat marina. Small twisters and fathead minnows are what they are using.

Anglers fishing at Pinchot are finding some crappie feeding near the dam but the large schools have not moved into that area yet. A couple of bass anglers were out for 7 hours on Tuesday and reported catching one largemouth bass each.

I didn't get out to do any hunting or fishing last weekend as the wind and rain kept me inside. I did hunt Monday and Tuesday afternoon from 3 p to 5 pm. Tuesday afternoon I bagged 2 squirrels using my .22 rifle on some private land behind out tackle shop. The cool part of the trip was a doe that hung around my tree stand all afternoon on Tuesday at about 30 yards. She never took off even when I shot the squirrels.

Wednesday I took the day off to hunt Pinchot as that is the first day small game hunting is allowed in the park. I started at 7 am and hunted the park until 9 am. Saw one squirrel off in the distance and that was it. So I went back to the private ground behind the shop until a little after 11 am. I bagged 4 squirrels there with the .22 and saw numerous others that I couldn't get a clear shot at. So my squirrel season is off to a decent start.

Saturday I'll be back hunting the private land for squirrels and Sunday I hope to wade the Susquehanna River below Harrisburg with Harold. The weather looks like it should cooperate a lot better than last weekend.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home